Wednesday, June 16, 2010

What do we have here, Watson?

Sherlock homes. What made him a legendary detective? One word. Curiosity.


Now you ask, what is this curiosity? The way i would define it is, curiosity is one's impatience to find information not intended to be known at the moment using a faster way (sneaking!). Yup, thats where all the 'whispering juicy gossips', 'letting out hot secrets' and 'evesdropping' come in.
Why are people curious? Many answers to that:

1. gives them power over the person they found information about.
2. satisfies the insanitable 'want to know' inside them.
3. or got nothing better to do.

So i had a conversation with this friend today which actually made me wonder about the levels of curiosity in me. Went something like this.

Friend "Salam!" (a devoted muslim)

Me "Hi!"
*yak yak yak*

friend: "Btw..i have a surprise for you."

*sit up straighter*

me: "A surprise?! What surprise?!"

"Well...it wouldnt really be a surprise if i tell you, dont worry ull know later tonight."

"I wonder what it could be."

"You'll love it...just something crazy i guess."

"REally?!"

"Yup. Ok ill let on one thing. It has to do with white...

*curiosity level hits a higher note*

...and water."

*BONG!*

"O my Gosh...no wayyyy!" ( in case if you dont know already, those are 2 of my favorite words)

*a picture with white half open shirts and blue beaches with sexy poses pops up*

"ummm..."

"What do you think it could be?"

"I dont think you want to know."

"OK...well keep guessing then"

"he he"


And i kept guessing. While working, while eating, while talking, while writing...even while trying to sleep.

I would say im not really a very curious person (ive got eons of patience in me, call me 'da ice cube'), but when it comes to certain things that i absolutely love, there is no telling what measures i would go to find out.

BUT in the end...it was all worth it. *smile*

1 comment:

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails