Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A Trip to Hell

Few days back, we decided to ride over to some inner, lesser developed parts of the country a.k.a Hyderabad. We have our extended family living there, with there big, open houses and simplistic art of living. I must say i did have a bad feeling about this trip, must have been my sixth sense forseeing the coming torture.


So we set through early morning of a very hot day. The trip went smoothly, the car air conditioner cooling things down. And then...we arrived. None of us had the slightest idea how 2 days later we would be fleeing this place like hounds of hell at our feet. As the car slowed to a stop, there was no human in sight. There could very well be hairballs rolling up the dusty streets and skulls of begotten trespassers rotting in the blistering heat. A ghost town. The first signs of warning.

The day went smoothly, bearable. Reunion of family members and happy chatting always makes up for the little hardships. Night comes, and i finally tumble into bed exhausted. As i close my eyes, i smile at the days events and thank god for the rumbling air conditioner.

3 hours later..

I cant breath. There is no oxygen. I'm suffocating. and why is it so f****** hot?!

I tear open my eyes, sleep clouding my brain. Fan not working. A.C. not working. Not a whiff of air moving. I get up and blindingly flip the switches while trying to get some oxygen into my brain. Nuthing moves. Thats when it dawned on me...there was no electricity! We were victims of loadshedding. I go out and hope for a nice cool wind to clear up my mind, but as i open the door, im smacked in the face with humidity and blistering heat. Wonderful. So i roam from room to room, like an agitated ghost, wondering how on earth can there be no wind at all. I cuss out the government for taking what is rightfully ours. And i wait for the A.C. to start up again, so i can get back to my beauty sleep.

6 hours later...

Im still waiting. Sleep deprived and dehydrated, im drained of energy. Temperature must have soared upto 50 degrees . I walk into the washroom to drench myself in the cool water. Turn on the tap and...nuthin comes out. Oh great. No electricity, no motors running, no *sniff* water. By now the very shining sun had heated everything up, from the floor tiles to drinking water. So you walk on fire and drink molten liquid. So drenched in sweat, i wait for events to turn around (a complete u-turn would be very appreciated).

2 hours later...

Finally we get some electricity just in time for the Pak/Indi cricket match. If you dont know, this match is the most awaited one by every paki/indian. All doozy from the days previous events, i couldnt even give one cheer-on shout for the team, not like it would have affected them anyways. They lost the most un-fu**in-believable way! Another candy to add to the already amazing day. Time was dragging by. Between all the trying times, karing discussions and caught ons, night finally came. My eyelids felt like sand paper. I dropped into bed...only to be awakened few hours later again. OMFG!

Next day...

I pack like a maniac. And before anyone could say anything about staying another minute, i rush out of there like a hurricane. Buh bye Hyderabad. Hope to never see you again. At least not in summer.

Phew.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails