Thursday, August 14, 2014

Suffocation



Closing around me so tight
Squeezing the life out of me
Let me breathe 
That one more inhale of sweet air
Just one more before I go
Impulse causes me to lash out
But all I scratch at is the empty darkness 
My eyes are drifting
My lungs screaming
Just when the last shred of my soul leaves
Someone heaves me up into the warmth
Can't breathe, yet my soul rushes back
The scent is sweet
The embrace so safe
Hold me tight
Hold me right 
And revived me you have
Given me another life
I've indebted my soul to you
My cheeks flush pink
My eyes glaze over
And just as I'm about to kiss
You let go once again
And I'm flying through air
Ready to suffocate again..

<..............>

The tightness around you is the warmth of a blanket,
Caressing your skin, squeezing teasefully,
Let me be your respirator,
If you go, I go with you,
Subdue your impulse and let me be your therapy,
And you'll see the light at the end of the road,
Focus your eyes on my face,
You don't need them to drift anywhere else,
Scream all you want, then watch my thoughts...soothe your throat,
I'll hold your soul to the ground,
Turn around every frown, I won't let you drown,
I'll hold you tight,
I'll hold you right,
Just do one thing for me,
Don't give up this fight!
For I am right beside you,
Even when you feel alone 
Lending a comfortable hand,
Bringing a drop of water in your world of sand,
All you need is a strand,
Of hope,
Reigniting the dreams and passions you had,
Making you realize that wanting your own desires is not bad,
Protecting your deepest thoughts in your mind, 
You an open book, and I your bind.

- Sh

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails