Saturday, September 28, 2013

Selfish temptation

Perpetual negativity is the only light that I can see, the only perception familiar to me.
While a voice in my head whispering endlessly, let it be,
Silently, I surrender.
Not to a god, and not to his creations, not to a man, a woman or superficial elations,
But to that exact voice, which supposedly is my protection, instead, only leads to further dejection.
Unfortunately, our society is keen on promoting individuality,
and we failed to see that we are all from the same family tree.
We fail to realize, like a cover on our eyes, that kinship outweighs personal gratification,
what we blindly pursue is selfish temptation.
Yet people ask me, what exactly are you facing?
The thoughts in my head that are constantly racing.

Happiness: a state of mind,
Yet how can mine be so inclined to get in line for a false promise.
A cyclical habit of convincing myself “yea you got this”
When in reality, introspectively, I fucking lost it.
Pointless pleasantries, will be the death of me,
An empty smile feels like a vasectomy
Without the anesthesia.
A slave to myself, I do whatever it takes to please ya
But how can one be satisfied, with a monster inside, which controls every aspect of your life.
Permeating darkness inhibits your thoughts, until every organ inside you rots,
A poison that leaves you listless, yet, when I repress all this distress,
A part of me screams, Il miss this.
Because as I said, in my previous thread, I thrive on being bliss -less.


Written by - K.Damerji

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails