Tuesday, January 31, 2012

A January Blog

January. The month i was born in. The month when snow envelops lush, green fields to form the softest, most pure stretch of beauty ever. The month when chilly cold winds drive you into a comfy, warm cafe with lots of soft lighting and sensational aroma of coffee drifting in, heating up your frozen nerves. A month to start off a whole long new year with refreshed expectations and iron stamped resolutions. In other words, I celebrated my birthday when the weather and even people were in a beautiful mood. Isn't that a good sign from the heavens above?


So I'm generally a type of person who would expect very little with the person in front. Yes i believe strongly in the saying...give more and expect little. But then everyone has one of those days where rules of living have to be put on hold. On my birthday, its like my expectations suddenly shoot up to a level where im expecting to be treated as a queen..and my day be a ritual celebration. Call me a selfish, proud female who gives herself too much credit. Even that wouldn't spoil my all-happy-and-gay mood. And then just what i needed. The red guy appears out of nowhere, and evilly whispers in my ears "Its your special day...go crazy! Ask 'em for the world...gourmet chocolates, Tiffany rings, Louis Vuittons, BMW convertibles. You want them all! You want to feel like a goddess. Its your birthday! Why are you sitting here in your grandma chair and acting all 26 of your years? You need a bachelorette partay!" And the conscience with white wings butt in "Really Aruba? And what exactly was the earth shattering advantage that humanity gained on the day of your birth? Why is the entire population expected to treat you like a goddess on this cold, ordinary day? Seriously, get over it!"

Hmm..quite a point you have there.



So I sit daintily in my throne of greatness expecting my knights to honour me with beautiful and exotic items of ravishing beauty. And surprised as I may be not...that is exactly what i got. A hidden snowy cake with a surprise celebration. A candle light greeting. It was all beautiful. I was satisfied. And when I am all cozy and gloating in my tiny round halo of golden happiness, I think "A good start to another adult year, a good start to 2012!"

So I turned a year older. Didn't gain me the hidden wealths of the pharoahs. Nor did it give me a one-way ticket to lifelong bashing. FACT: after 21 each year added to your age just increases wrinkles and responsibilities only. What is there to celebrate? And at the end of the day, this thought crosses the mind of everyone. Like it did mine. A damper on things.

But then again, some people do exist in everyone's life that would make you feel like a goddess that day. :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You might also like:

Related Posts with Thumbnails